The ASAM Criteria is the nation’s most widely used and comprehensive set of guidelines for placement, continued stay, and transfer/discharge of patients with addiction and co-occurring conditions.
Treatment Providers & Clinicians
- Effectively apply The ASAM Criteria in your practice with the Criteria Textbook. Order Now or Learn More about what’s inside.
- Improve the quality of patient assessments with ASAM CONTINUUM, the only clinical decision support system for conducting an ASAM assessment. Learn more here.
- Learn how to apply The ASAM Criteria in practice through case-based activities and practical examples. Enroll in our Online Course today.
- Certify your treatment program’s ability to deliver a specific level of care. Learn more about our Level of Care Certification.
Administrators, Payors & Policymakers
- States across the country are using The ASAM Criteria as the foundation of efforts to improve the addiction treatment system.
- Demonstrate your program’s capacity to deliver a specific level of care. Learn more about our Level of Care Certification.
- Help us ensure The ASAM Criteria is appropriately implemented. Review our copyright guidelines and report any misuse.
- Ensure providers in your network are appropriately trained. Host a live-training or Learn about our other training options.
For Patients & Families
- Access the level of care you or your loved one deserves. Find a certified residential program that meets your needs.
- Learn about The ASAM Criteria and how ASAM’s continuum of care helps providers match their treatment plans across patient needs.
- Are you concerned that a patient is not getting the care they deserve? Use this form to report misuse of The ASAM Criteria.