ASAM is one of the DATA2000 organizations that can provide the 8-hour training for physicians, nurse practitioners and physician assistants needed to obtain the waiver to prescribe buprenorphine. ASAM also provides the additional 16 hours that are required for NPs and PAs.
Who Should Attend
- Physicians, Nurse Practitioners, and Physician Assistants who wish to obtain a waiver to prescribe buprenorphine in office based treatment of opioid use disorders
- Clinicians and health care team members working with physicians who prescribe buprenorphine in office based treatment of opioid use disorders
- Apply for a waiver to prescribe buprenorphine to their patients with opioid use disorders
- Identify and assess patients who are appropriate for treatment with medications
- Have specific knowledge concerning the use of medications to manage patients with addiction involving opioid use
- Discuss the psychiatric and medical co-morbidities associated with opioid addiction